Complete tour in the North of Ethiopia by internal flights, that allow to travel in a fast and comfortable way the big distances that separate the monumental sites, enriched with the fascinating region of Tigray.
It’s the ideal combination for who has short time, or travels with small group and/or prefers to avoid long car transfers.
Tigray: Rock-hewn churches excavated in the vertical walls of the spectacular mountains in a charming and hided region.
Axum: the capital of Ethiopian Orthodox Church, famous for the spectacular megalithic stele that prove the pre Christian roots of the great Ethiopian civilization
Lalibela: Jerusalem of Africa, well known for its monolithic rock-hewn churches so rich of symbolism, mystery and spirituality.
Gondar: Africa’s Camelot, capital city during the seventeenth-century , it’s unique thanks to its castles and particular style that is a mix between the Asian and European one.
Bahir Dar: pleasant city on the shore of the biggest lake in Ethiopia, lake Tana, that hides richly decorated monasteries in its tropical islands.
1. Addis Ababa: city tour
2. Addis Ababa-Gheralta: Flight to Mekelle and transfer to Tigray with visit of two churches
3. Gheralta-Axum: Transfer to Axum and city tour
4. Axum- Lalibela: Flight to Lalibela and beginning of the city tour
5. Lalibela: Visit of a church out of town and finish the city tour
6. Lalibela- Gondar: flight and city tour
7. Gondar- Bahir Dar: Transfer and visit of Blue Nile falls
8. Bahir Dar- Addis Abeba: Visit of monasteries and then flight to Addis Ababa
PERSONALIZATIONS AND EXTENSIONS
It is possible to combine the itinerary with market days or religious celebrations of the Coptic church, to add one night in the pleasant locality of Gorgora and to arrive to Bahir Dar by boat or to extend the stay in Tigray in the comfort of one of the comfortable lodge in the area.
We also suggest the following extensions: