Nine days trekking that allows to fully visit the most important national park in the South of Ethiopia, that in a high mountain environment preserves a huge variety of avifauna and endemic flora. A touch of panoramic diversity that will enrich in a unique way any trips in Ethiopia in a unique way.
It is easy to combine it with trips by land in the South, but also with the other trips that start and finish in Addis Ababa. The itinerary is suitable for average excursionists.
Dinsho and the Fincha Aberra Waterfalls:At the entrance of the park there is a guest house, simple but in a great location in the middle of the forest and close to several waterfalls.
Sanetti Plateau: Located at 4000 m of altitude, it is the most spectacular and unique plateau in Ethiopia, thanks to the great variety of endemic fauna. A place of isolated purity.
Harenna Forest: Going down to 3000 m here it starts the Harenna Forest, a unique example of Afromontane forest ecosystem. The gigantic timber trees hide the mountain lion, different breeds of baboons and birds, and also small bushes of wild coffee grow here.
Sof Omar Caves: Spectacular calcareous caves dug by the river Web, they are named after the Sufi wise that stayed here.
- Addis Abeba or Awassa- Dinsho. Reach the heart of the park. Lodge
- Dinsho- Sodota. Uphill in the Web river valley, visit the waterfalls. Camping
- Sodota- Wassema. Uphill to up to 4000 m, possibility to reach the Wassema peak (4220m). Camping
- Wassema- Garba Guracha. Rise and falls with views on Sanetti Plateau.Camping.
- Garba Guracha- Tuludimtu- Korrso. Climb the highest peak of the park and the second in Ethiopia. Sanetti plateau.Camping.
- Korrso-Rafu. Beautiful path on the edge of the Harenna escarpment.
- Rafu-Rira. Downhill to the Harenna forest, fauna spot. Oromo village.
- Rira- Sof Omar- Goba. By car to the holy caves.
- Goba – Addis Ababa. Back to the capital.
Personalization and extensions:
– It is possible to reduce the number of nights, according to your interests and disposable time.
– Sleep 1 or 2 nights at the Bale Mountains Lodge, in the heart of the Harenna Forest, to fully enjoy the evocative atmosphere of the most magic forest of Ethiopia.
– Go back to Addis Ababa thorough the Sheick Hussein road, the most important sufi sanctuary of Ethiopia (2 nights).
– Break the way back to Addis Ababa with one night in a Rift Valley place.